In Arizona, you often get an opportunity for an inspection period to have all desired inspections performed even on a newly built home. In most cases, buyer’s hire a licensed home inspector to conduct an inspection of the home’s systems. Most home inspection services provide a summary report of “action items” and a complete photo-documented report with information on all facets of the home. However, what happens if one of these systems checked out but within the next year of use an issue arises? That is when your home warranty will kick in.
Here are some most commonly covered home warranty items:
- Air conditioning systems
- Heating systems
- Electrical systems
- Plumbing systems
- Appliances such as the refrigerator, dishwasher, and range/oven.
The above is not to be confused with what your home insurance covers.
Here are some most commonly covered home insurance items:
- Your living expenses if the home is not in a living condition due to natural disasters
- Appliances are covered as well, but only in the event of natural hazard or special circumstances.
- If someone visiting your house gets injured while in your property (slipping on the icy drive way for example) and if you are sued, you are covered by homeowners insurance.
- It protects you from a variety of events, including fire, lightning, tree-fall, burglary, storms.
- Personal property, furniture, clothing, jewelry etc. up to some value
- Structure and contents of the home
Home warranties can be purchased at the time you purchase your home or even after you’ve lived in the home for years. If you’re buying a home, you may be able to ask the seller to pay for the home warranty but you’ll need to know the price you want them to cover at the time you make your offer. Have a home warranty picked out prior to finding the home you want.
Here are a couple home warranties I recommend checking out:
- Old Republic Home Protection Arizona Rep. Stacey Gross 800-282-7131 Ext 1164
- Fidelity National Home Warranty Arizona Rep. Georgann Roberts 800-308-1424 Ext:3400
- Home Life Protection Arizona Rep. Kendra Towe 480-809-1692 (Matches competitor Price & Coverage)